Saturday, June 02, 2007

Corn Du & Pen Y Fan, Brecon Beacons


Quite fittingly, I spent the final day in Wales for my first academic year scaling the highest peak in South Britain with a visiting friend from the States, Hiu Yeung. I think the best feeling of the journey, was walking along the flat top of the mountains, not just standing, but walking on the top of the world. Many people climb up steep mountains, only to view the wonderful view standing at the peak. But being able to walk leisurely on the top of a mountain ridge, which seems to run on forever, is like, for lack of a better analogy, being the best in something and yet knowing you will be the best for some time yet, even without any more effort. Life almost never provides such opportunities, but sometimes nature does!
Tonight is my last night in this room 6-2-2-5 of mine, and quite ironically, I will not be spending it alone but with a friend. On Thursday night, which was my last night alone in the room, I was thinking of all the memories I would have of the room, the nights where I felt lonely, the days where I felt great momentum to complete report after report, the nights spent watching Youtube videos of old concerts, the days spent chatting with so many people. But it is fitting, that the final post of the school term, ends off with the similar theme as so many posts before - discovering the world with a good friend. I definitely look forward to more family members and friends coming over. Next time, I will venture even further, to lands yet more unknown, but still to be overcome!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home