Tuesday, May 30, 2006

On Ashes of Times

Before any of you think I am going to write a Movie Review on the Wong Kar Wai flick, let me inform that this post will be on why I named this blog Ashes of Times. This might sound like a Literature Practical Criticism.

The impression 'Ashes of Times' give me is a somewhat melancholic drawback to the past, of nostalgic memories that are long gone, but seemingly transcending across times. I am an introverted optimist; the optimism highlighting the beauty in all experiences and events in my life, but the introvertedness witholding every treasured moment as private, sensitive, coming and going, albeit after touching me gently. Imagine a soft wind blowing across your face on a grey, cold afternoon.

There is a Leslie Cheung song, "The Wind Continues to Blow". Therein is my appreciation of beauty, my resilence and confidence towards life, as well as a resignation towards everything that has to happen.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home