Friday, June 30, 2006

On Girls

There was once upon a time where liking girls was a relatively beautiful process. Basically, I would like a girl and be content to admire her from a distance, with no strings or expectations attached,expecting and wanting nothing to come out of it at all. And many years passed as such, with no ideas of dates or girlfriends. But it wasnt without concern. I do remember feeling rather sad and helpless when one girl I liked broke her nose in a PE lesson.
The older I grew, liking a girl became a mentally more complicated process, not un-influnced by the surroundings. Suddenly, liking someone entailed going on dates, and getting into relationships, and the feeling of liking required reciprocity. And all the problems of the adult world would come tumbling in all at one go, how to impress and appease, and how to block out the rest of the world. The more immersed within, the more artificial it all gets.
I think I would rather return to many years before, where there was nothing to do, but like and love.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home