Sunday, October 29, 2006

On Sunday at Roath Lake Park & Three Bays

Today was Uncle Bernard's birthday, and Aunty Susan invited me and his good friend Uncle Carl , as well as the daughter of one of her former Greek students (who is also studying in Cardiff now) to a surprise birthday gathering. Before going to Three Bays (their house), she dropped me and Angeliki (the Greek girl who is doing her second masters in journalism) at Roath Lake Park, which is a very beautiful park, with swans, geese, ducks, beautiful willow trees, lots of people and their pet dogs! Some photographs are attached.

It was a wonderful meal of Roast Lamb & Ice Cream (the walnut flavoured ice cream here is a must have! I am still figuring how to bring this back to Singapore without it melting.) The Roast Welsh Lamb is definitely the best lamb I have ever tasted, tender and smell-less. After dinner, we all adjourned to the living room for chit-chat and movie watching! Uncle Carl (who is an OBE and a poet) has a major hernia operation on Thursday and we wish him the best! And Uncle Bernard was a professional song-writer. Listened to some of his compositions, and they are really good listening!

Another beautiful weekend, after a week where I've done quite a bit of reading..and as I head back to studying now, I will leave you all with pictures as usual.

Another picture of myself =)

Geese, one is standing on the lake-bed, the other is swimming

Arent they beautiful.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home