Monday, November 12, 2007

Onboard BA 0012

This must be the emptiest plane I have taken in my life. Imagine this - all economy class passengers have an entire row of 3 seats to themselves! Most of them have made full use of the opportunity, pulled up the individual seat dividers, and lie down to sleep across the seats. Not too bad at all for Economy class ticket for a 13hr flight from Singapore to London.

I will be heading right away to class upon reaching Cardiff Central Railway Station, kicking off the final 5 (but strictly only 4) weeks of the Autumn Semester. Within this period, I will have to finish my site plans (by this Wednesday), a debate on Environmental issues, and a presentation on a new Airport proposal along the Severn Channel.

The last week was spent in Singapore. Spent most of my time at home with my family, but found some time to meet up with the closest of friends as well. Starting at home, we had quite a few enjoyable nights of Mahjong, with much laughter and joy. I think that is a beautiful way to spend ones’ life.

I met up with Chin Siong individually for supper at Newton and with the trio of Yisheng, Wenhui and Haojie at Tampines Mall for Tepenyaki. Chin Siong had a rather interesting way of passing time while waiting to get called up for the Army – reading old newspapers in the library. By óld’, I mean papers from 1959, long before we were born. I wondered why I hadn’t done something like that before, since it surely is a good way to have a feel of how life for Singaporeans was, back then.

Wenhui also made a comforting comment over dinner, as he explained why he is less of an active student now than in the past. He said he realized that as he sees his parents and grandparents grow older, his priorities in life have changed, and perhaps, getting the best results or being the most active student in school isn’t all that important anymore after all. I replied that he had been enlightened.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home