Thursday, October 25, 2007

The Wedding

Its been a month into the new term at Cardiff, yet, just a few days since I last got back from Singapore. Yes, I just went back over the last weekend to attend and emcee the wedding of my uncle Sean and aunt Monica. Hectic will be the best way to describe the weekend. On Thursday afternoon UK time, I went on a coach field trip from Cardiff to Newport to Bristol. This took 5 hours. After which the professors kindly let me off at Bristol Parkway Train Station so I could catch my 2 hr rail trip to London Paddington, and henceforth the Heathrow Express to Heathrow Terminal 4. There were delays to the Heathrow Express, but thanks to the online check-in system, and my lack of luggage, I made it through all the way to the Gate in time for my 13 hr 930pm flight to Singapore. I reached Singapore at 530pm Singapore time. There, my uncle zoomed us off to Carlton Hotel for the Wedding, schelduled to begin at 7pm. We actually got started at 8 plus. After speaking, singing, and downing 2 bottles of red wine, I could barely move. But when we reached home, I had to finish 10 episodes of the TVB serial Drive of Life, which took another 8 hours. So why does someone go to all this trouble.

I will tell you why. It is all about dreams, all about being at the right place at the right time, it is all about contributing to memories and moments. The 19th of October 2007 would just be another evening in Cardiff, perhaps forgettable, but in Singapore, it would be the memories of a wonderful wedding to carry on for a lifetime. I think it quite exemplifies my view on life. We cannot be everywhere at everytime, but what we can do, is use our limited resources of time and money, to be where it matters.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home