Saturday, November 11, 2006

On Cambridge



The weekend of 2nd to 5th November was spent in Cambridge, with Qihui at Christ's College (Haihan stays here too). From now, I will seperate my travelling exploits into 2 sections, that of People & Places.

People
It never fails to touch me by the warmth I receive from my friends when I visit them. It's easy to take it all for granted (esp. someone like me) , but I cant help but appreciate all the breakfast, touring, accomodation made by Qihui. Cambridge provided many firsts for my stay in UK!

I watched my first TVB Drama Serial here on Qihui's laptop (精艳一枪,starring Charmaine Sheh!), I had my first drink of Chinese tea in Hansel's cosy attic, I met Sean for the first time in 3 years, and together with Haihan, we discussed out Council Experiences and the Top 5 Most Memorable Council-linked experiences), I had my first punting experience with Jeremy, Shengwu & Duanna, I saw fireworks for the first time during Guy Fawkes( have uploaded the video onto YouTube)!

The mere list of activities does give a very good picture of the excellent hospitability received.

Places
Cambridge colleges are majestically huge, Trinity, St John's courts come to mind, King's College Chapel was the most marvellous church I had seen, until I saw St Paul's in London, all inspire a sense of sacred authority. The size of Cambridge colleges in a smaller Town setting is quite a contrast from Oxford's smaller colleges within a more City setting. Both are pretty, but one cant help but feel the detached nature of these places from the rest of the world.

Photographs from now will come in the form of collages as there are simply too many to select a prized few. I always want to bring the atmosphere of the place through these pictures, and whoever you are looking at them, I hope to share that bit of experience with you!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home