Tuesday, November 21, 2006

On Brecon & Cardiff Bay, and Choices



This post was only possible because of the visit of Qihui, his friend from Cambridge (Kengrui) and KR's friend (Gim Hui). The first real guests I hosted in Wales, and it was immensely satisfying being able to play host, even though the trips to Brecon Beacons & Cardiff Bay were "discoveries" myself.

Perhaps the everlasting memory from this trip, would be the encounter with 2 dogs owned by one of the farm households living atop one of the hills in Brecon. Basically, we wandered aimlessly into private farmland and got chased by the family dog. In our haste to escape, we jumped over a fence, further into the private territory, and thereafter into the sheep pen! Admist rolling snow cap mountains, autumn leaves, green fields, we met a company of sheep (see video), and really friendly locals in Brecon.

I will let the pictures tell a thousand words on both Brecon Beacons & Cardiff Bay. (which is equally invigorating & refreshing, with seagulls, yachts, opposing cliffs with towns built on them, nice water-front apartments).

More on the feelings on playing host. Firstly, the sense of familiarity in Cardiff is certainly heartwarming. Having someone I can wake up and say hello and chat about events that happened in Singapore is definitely nice, perhaps that is why I eagerly await friends and family from Singapore to visit me. Next is the pressure to enable that my guests have a wonderful experience in Wales.There is basically lots in Wales to explore & discover, but that applies to the entire world! So, it really is a matter of selecting what can be best done in the short frame of time available, and then doing it. Sounds very familiar to our lives as a whole.

It's about making choices. Unknown to us, we are already faced with countless choices, yet, people constantly aspire to and try to expand their scope of choices even further. I would rather take the time to make good choices with what I have, and make the best of them, then spend my time expanding choices but making none in the end.

In the end, our lives will be about choices we made, and not choices we had.

(This is the first of a set of pictures, of which I will select some for single posting, i.e. those that I think I look very good in. =p)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home