Thursday, November 29, 2007

I Laugh Easily!

Today, I will discuss laughter. Actually, I think I am most attractive and charming when I am laughing. When do you laugh? When you feel something is funny, or when you feel nervous, or to cover up some other feelings of yours, or to attract attention? I think we laugh for a whole assortment of reasons. For me, laughter is a single remedy for uncomfortable situations. It seems like there is an auto-mechanism within my brain, that whenever I find myself in a situation that I cannot think fast enough what to say, or what to do, I just start laughing.

I think because of this high propensity to laugh, my laughing technique has taken on a very natural and self-indulgent fashion. This basically means, that even when I am laughing out of awkwardness, to most people, it seems that I am really laughing, and more than that, enjoying my laughing. That however, has the consequential effects of both lightening the tensions around me, as well as allowing me time to think what to say! So try to imagine this, when Cexiang is laughing happily, his brain is actually rushing around saying "Faster! Think ! Say Something! Faster!" Haha, quite a funny thought actually, isnt it.

I think to most strangers, I am quite an unapproachable and cold person, and maybe that is why first impressions of me tend to be quite distant. Now, the reason for that is because I am shy!But when I laugh, immediately, I become someone who seems very friendly. And after that, when I see that people around me are friendlier to me because they see that I am friendly, I tend to be far more confident in my words and actions, and then, I become fully comfortable with the situation and am able to bring out my natural best.

Therefore, I was thinking why I seemed to always have good rapport with audiences be it during performance or presentations, even when I was feeling completely awkward. I found the answer in my laughter. It is the laughter of friendliness, of perceived confidence, the laughter of success. So go on, practice laughing! =p

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I think you are the most charming when you are smelling.

8:04 AM  
Blogger xiangZ said...

HAHAH. mr chen jinghui. u r the dog who smells. WOOF WOOF!

2:11 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home